TERMS OF SERVICE
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS OF SERVICE.
- By registering for and/or using the Services in any manner, including, but not limited to, visiting, browsing or making purchases through the Site, you agree to these Terms of Service and all other operating rules, policies and procedures that may be published from time to time on the Site by us, each of which is incorporated by reference and each of which may be updated by us from time to time.
- Certain of the Services may be subject to additional terms and conditions specified by us from time to time; your use of such Services is subject to those additional terms and conditions, which are incorporated into these Terms of Service by this reference. IF YOU HAVE SIGNED UP FOR THE SOCK AND JOCK CO. OR OTHER AUTOMATICALLY RENEWING SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE, PLEASE READ THE “AUTO-RENEWALS AND RECURRING BILLING SERVICES” SECTION BELOW.
- These Terms of Service apply to all users of the Services, including, without limitation, registered and unregistered users.
You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age. If you are under age 18, you may not, under any circumstances or for any reason, use the Services. We may, in our sole discretion, refuse to offer the Services to any person or entity and change our eligibility criteria at any time.
To sign up for the Services, you must register for an account on the Services (an “Account”). You must provide accurate and complete information and keep your Account information updated. You shall not: (i) select or use as a username a name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; (ii) use as a username a name subject to any rights of a person other than you without appropriate authorization; or (iii) use as a username a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your Account, including where money is spent using your up-to-date login details, and for keeping your Account password secure. You may never use another person’s user account or registration information for the Services without permission. You must notify us immediately of any change in your eligibility to use the Services, breach of security or unauthorised use of your Account. You should never publish, distribute or post login information for your Account. You have the ability to delete your Account, either directly or through a request made to one of our employees or affiliates.
For purposes of these Terms of Service, the term “Content” includes, without limitation, information, data, text, photographs, videos, audio clips, written posts and comments, software, scripts, graphics, and interactive features generated, provided, or otherwise made accessible on or through the Services. Whilst we try to make sure that all Content contained in the Services (other than any user-generated content, if applicable) is correct, it is not intended to amount to authority or advice on which reliance should be placed. You should check with us or the relevant information source before acting on any such information.
NOTICES AND RESTRICTIONS
The Services may contain Content specifically provided by us or our partners and such Content is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws. You shall abide by and maintain all copyright notices, information and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Services.
Subject to these Terms of Service, we grant each user of the Services a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license to use (i.e., to download and display locally) Content solely for purposes of using the Services. Use, reproduction, modification, distribution or storage of any Content for any purpose other than using the Services is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from us. You shall not sell, license, rent, or otherwise use or exploit any Content for commercial use or in any way that violates any third party right.
AVAILABILITY OF CONTENT
We do not guarantee that any Content will be made available on the Site or through the Services. We reserve the right to, but do not have any obligation to, (i) remove, edit or modify any Content in our sole discretion, at any time, without notice to you and for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such Content or if we are concerned that you may have violated these Terms of Service), or for no reason at all and (ii) to remove or block any Content from the Services.
RULES OF CONDUCT
- As a condition of use, you promise not to use the Services for any purpose that is prohibited by these Terms of Service. You are responsible for all of your activity in connection with the Services.
- You shall not: (i) take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by us) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our (or our third party providers’) infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services or any activities conducted on the Services; (iii) bypass, circumvent or attempt to bypass or circumvent any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Services (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Services); (iv) run any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Services; (v) use manual or automated software, devices or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Site; (vi) harvest or scrape any Content from the Services; (vii) distribute information you know is false, misleading, untruthful, unlawful or inaccurate; (viii) upload any software viruses or any other computer codes, files or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, limit or interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any system, data, password or other information of ours or of any third party; or (ix) otherwise take any action in violation of our guidelines and policies.
- You shall not (directly or indirectly): (i) decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Services (including, without limitation, any application), except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction; (ii) modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of any part of the Services; or (iii) copy, rent, lease, distribute, or otherwise transfer any of the rights that you receive hereunder. You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations.
- We also reserve the right to access, read, preserve and disclose any information as we reasonably believe is necessary to: (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce these Terms of Service, including, without limitation, the investigation of potential violations hereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; (iv) respond to user support requests; or (v) protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users and the public.
- All orders of our products must be for personal use only. By purchasing our products, you hereby agree not to resell or distribute such products for any commercial purposes. If we have reason to believe that your order is not for personal use, we reserve the right to reject or cancel any order that you place.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
The Services may permit you to link to other websites, services or resources on the Internet, and other websites, services or resources may contain links to the Services. When you access third party resources on the Internet, you do so at your own risk. These other resources are not under our control, and you acknowledge that we are not responsible or liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of such websites or resources. The inclusion of any such link does not imply our endorsement or any association between us and their operators. You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such website or resource.
APPLE DEVICE AND APPLICATION TERMS
If you are accessing the Services via an application on a device provided by Apple, Inc. (“Apple”) or an application obtained through the Apple App Store, the following shall apply:
- Both you and The Sock and Jock Co. acknowledge that these Terms of Service are concluded between you and The Sock and Jock Box only, and not with Apple, and that Apple is not responsible for, does not endorse, and is not involved in the application;
- The application is licensed to you on a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferrable, non-sublicensable basis, solely to be used in connection with the Services for your private, personal, non-commercial use, subject to all the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service as they are applicable to the Services;
- You will only use the application in connection with an Apple device that you own or control;
- You acknowledge and agree that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the application;
- In the event of any failure of the application to conform to any applicable warranty, including those implied by law, you may notify Apple of such failure; upon notification, Apple’s sole warranty obligation to you will be to refund to you the purchase price, if any, of the application;
- You acknowledge and agree that The Sock and Jock Box, and not Apple, is responsible for addressing any claims you or any third party may have in relation to the application;
- You acknowledge and agree that, in the event of any third party claim that the application or your possession and use of the application infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, The Sock and Jock Box, and not Apple, will be responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such infringement claim;
- You represent and warrant that you are not located in a country subject to a U.S. government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. government as a “terrorist supporting” country, and that you are not listed on any U.S. government list of prohibited or restricted parties;
- Both you and The Sock and Jock Co. acknowledge and agree that, in your use of the application, you will comply with any applicable third party terms of agreement which may affect or be affected by such use; and
- Both you and The Sock and Jock Co. acknowledge and agree that Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of these Terms of Service, and that upon your acceptance of these Terms of Service, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms of Service against you as the third party beneficiary hereof.
ORDERING, DELIVERY, PAYMENTS AND BILLING
PAID SERVICES AND TERMS OF SALE
Certain of our Services, including the purchase of any products or subscriptions (such as shave plans) offered by us, may be subject to payments now or in the future (the “Paid Services”). Please see our FAQ for a description of the current Paid Services, our shipping terms, and cancellation and refund policies. Please note that any payment terms presented to you in the process of using or signing up for a Paid Service are deemed part of these Terms of Service.
You may place an order for Paid Services at any time (subject to any planned or unplanned downtime). You may check and correct any input errors in your order up until the point at which you submit your order to us by clicking the “Pay Now” button on the checkout page. An order submitted by you constitutes a legally binding offer given by you to us to purchase the Paid Services specified in that order, subject to these Terms of Service, at the price and on the terms stated when you sign up or place your order. All orders are subject to acceptance by us. Your order will not be considered accepted until we have received payment of the purchase price of your order. We shall send an acknowledgment of our receipt of your order to the email address you provide, after your payment for the order has been processed, so that you may print the information for your records (“Order Confirmation”). Title and risk of loss pass to you upon delivery to the shipping address you specified when you placed the order, provided full payment of all sums due in respect of the product(s), including any delivery charges, has been received.
Our products and services, including, without limitation, our Paid Services, are for your personal, non-commercial use, and once delivered to you may not be resold, redistributed, exported, or used for any other commercial purpose. The rights you have under these Terms of Service are personal to you and are non-transferable.
Please note that we cannot offer refunds, exchanges, or customer service for products that have been acquired from an unauthorized reseller, including, but not limited to, any seller on Amazon, eBay or similar online marketplaces.
Your order will be fulfilled by the delivery date set out in the Order Confirmation or, if no delivery date is specified, within 30 days after the date of the Order Confirmation, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
The terms of your payment will be based on your Payment Method and may be determined by agreements between you and the financial institution, credit card issuer or other provider of your chosen Payment Method. If we, through the Payment Processor, do not receive payment from you, you agree to pay all amounts due on your Billing Account upon demand.
SUBSCRIPTIONS, CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
CONSUMER CANCELLATION RIGHTS
You may cancel an order at any time before it is delivered and up to 7 days afterwards. If you cancel, you will receive a refund of the price paid for the products in accordance with our Refunds Policy (see below).
To cancel an order, you must clearly inform us, preferably:
• by going to your Account, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, giving us your name, address and order reference
You must also return the product(s) to us within 7 days after the day of notifying us of the cancellation, in the same condition in which you receive them (which does not interfere with your right to take any reasonable steps to examine the product(s) and make sure they conform to your order). You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the product(s) while in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may have a right to deduct the cost of any deterioration (due, for example, to your having used the product(s)), up to the price of the product(s), from the refund to which you are otherwise entitled.
To return the product(s), you should package the parcel securely (making sure you include a note that includes your name and address (enclosing any returns slip, if we have provided one) inside the parcel) and then return it to us, either by courier or by recorded delivery mail or other form of certified mail.
Details of the consumer rights described above, and an explanation of how to exercise them, are provided in the Order Confirmation.
If you cancel an order within the 7-day cooling-off period (see above), we will process any refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 14 days after the day on which we receive the product(s) back or, if earlier, the day on which we receive evidence that you have returned the product(s) to our returns address. We will refund the price less deductions (fulfillment £1, admin fees £1) (subject to any deduction we are entitled to make due to your use of or damage to the product(s)), including the cost of standard delivery. However, we will not refund your cost of returning the product(s) to us. If you received any promotional or other discount when you paid, any refund will only reflect the amount you actually paid. For example, purchasing a product at a special rate (3, 6 or 12 month subscription), a refund will be made at full price if within the terms period. Note any products that have been customised will not be refunded due to being unfit for resale.
Refunds are made using the same Payment Method originally used by you to pay for your purchase, unless agreed otherwise.
AUTO-RENEWALS AND RECURRING BILLING FOR SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES
Some of the Paid Services, such as the purchase of The Sock and Jock Box and other subscriptions there is an initial period for which there is a one-time charge or a Trial Offer (defined below), followed by recurring periodic charges as agreed to by you when you sign up for such auto-replacing products (“Subscription Services”). The Subscription Services give you the ability to specify how regularly you would like to order any auto-replacing products. Unless you opt out of a Subscription Service, which can be done via the methods described below, the Subscription Services that you have signed up for will be automatically extended for successive renewal periods of the same duration as the subscription term you originally selected, at the then-current non-promotional rate. More information on Subscription Services can be found at our FAQ page. By choosing a Subscription Service, you acknowledge that such Subscription Service has an initial and recurring payment feature, and you accept responsibility for all recurring charges prior to cancellation.
To change or cancel your Subscription Services at any time, email us at email@example.com. Please send the parent order number, full billing information and email address used to create the subscription. Failure to do so will cause a delayed cancellation which may cause a renewal. If you terminate a Subscription Service, your subscription will not be renewed after your then-current subscription term expires. It is your responsibility to notify us in advance of renewal. Allow 48 hours of the cancellation process, failure to cancel within 48 hours of your next renewal will result in being billed and cancellation will be after your renewal date. Please note pre paid subscriptions (3, 6 and 12 month) subscriptions paid in 1 payment upfront for a discounted offer can not be refunded passed the cooling off period. When cancelling a pre paid subscription (3, 6 and 12 month subscription paying in monthly installments) before term end then a charge of an additional month will be applied.
CURRENT INFORMATION REQUIRED
You must provide current, complete and accurate information for your Billing Account. You must promptly update all information to keep your Billing Account current, complete and accurate (such as a change in billing address, credit card number, or credit card expiration date), and you must promptly notify us or our Payment Processor if your Payment Method is canceled (e.g., for loss or theft) or if you become aware of a potential breach of security, such as the unauthorized disclosure or use of your user name or password. Changes to such information can be made on your Account. If you fail to provide any of the foregoing information, you agree that we may continue charging you for any use of Paid Services under your Billing Account unless you have terminated your Paid Services as set forth above.
CHANGE IN AMOUNT AUTHORIZED
If the amount to be charged to your Billing Account varies from the amount you preauthorized (other than due to the imposition or change in the amount of sales taxes), you have the right to receive, and we shall provide, notice of the amount to be charged and the date of the charge before the scheduled date of the transaction. If, on receipt of such notice, you do not wish to continue with the purchase, you may cancel at any time before the scheduled date of the transaction. Any agreement you have with your payment provider will govern your use of your Payment Method. You agree that we may accumulate charges incurred and submit them as one or more aggregate charges during or at the end of each billing cycle.
REAFFIRMATION OF AUTHORIZATION
Your non-termination or continued use of a Paid Service (including, without limitation, Subscription Services) reaffirms that we are authorized to charge your Payment Method for that Paid Service. We may submit those charges for payment and you will be responsible for such charges. This does not waive our right to seek payment directly from you. Your charges may be payable in advance, in arrears, per usage, or as otherwise described when you initially selected to use the Paid Service.
FREE TRIALS AND OTHER PROMOTIONS
Any free trial or other promotion that provides access to a Paid Service (a “Trial Offer”) must be used within the specified time of the Trial Offer. You will be required to have a valid Payment Method on file in order to initiate a Trial Offer. You must stop using a Paid Service before the end of the Trial Offer period in order to avoid being charged for that Paid Service. If you cancel prior to the end of the Trial Offer period and are inadvertently charged for a Paid Service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Trial Offers are one-time only for new customers and are limited to one per household. Additional terms and limitations may apply and will be more fully explained at the time you sign up for the Trial Offer. The Trial Offer is valid for 14 days and cancellation can only take place after delivery of the free trial set. After 14 days the subscription will renew and be charged at full price. Going forward you will then be billed monthly. Any such additional terms and limitations are deemed part of these Terms of Service.
The current promotion of “free custom initials on 3, 6 and 12 month subscriptions” applies only to a pre paid subscription. This is a subscriptions that is paid in full up front.
We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Services at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with your Account. If you wish to terminate your Account, you may do so by following the instructions on the Site or through the Services. Except as expressly noted to the contrary in these Terms of Service, and except where we have failed to provide any Services in accordance with these Terms of Service or applicable law, any fees paid hereunder are non-refundable. All provisions of these Terms of Service which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity provisions and limitations of liability.
We make no representations concerning any Content provided by users and contained in or accessed through the Services, and we will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance or legality of such material or Content contained in or accessed through the Services.
We cannot and do not guarantee that any Content or the Services will be free from viruses and/or other code that may have contaminating or destructive elements. It is your responsibility to implement appropriate IT security safeguards (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements as to the safety and reliability of Content.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Nothing in these Terms of Service shall limit or exclude our liability to you:
- for death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- for fraudulent misrepresentation;
- for breach of any term implied by the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and which, by law, may not be limited or excluded;
- under Part I of the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
- for any other liability that, by law, may not be limited or excluded.
Subject to the foregoing, in no event shall we be liable to you for any business losses, and any liability we do have for losses you suffer arising from any order shall not exceed the purchase price of the relevant product(s) purchased in such order and is strictly limited to losses that were reasonably foreseeable. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your order is accepted by us.
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under any order that is caused by events outside our reasonable control.
You agree that any dispute between you and us regarding these Terms of Service or any order will only be dealt with by the English courts, except that if you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland, you can choose to bring legal proceedings either in your country or in England, but if we bring legal proceedings, we may only do so in your country.
The European Online Dispute Resolution platform http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/ provides information about alternative dispute resolution which may be of interest and we are required to inform you that you may use it if there is a dispute that cannot be resolved between you and us.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
Subject to the Disputes section above, these Terms of Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
We are required by law to advise you that orders may be concluded in the English language only and that no public filing requirements apply.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to modify or replace any of these Terms of Service, or change, suspend or discontinue the Services (including, without limitation, the availability of any feature, database or content) at any time by posting a notice on the Site or by sending you notice through the Services, via e-mail or by another appropriate means of electronic communication. We may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Services without notice or liability. While we will timely provide notice of modifications, it is also your responsibility to check these Terms of Service periodically for changes. Subject to the Disputes section, your continued use of the Services following notification of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes.
ENTIRE AGREEMENT AND SEVERABILITY
These Terms of Service are the entire agreement between you and us with respect to the Services, including use of the Site, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals (whether oral, written or electronic) between you and us with respect to the Services. If any provision of these Terms of Service is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Terms of Service will otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder.
These Terms of Service are personal to you, and are not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with our prior written consent. We may assign, transfer or delegate any of our rights and obligations hereunder without consent.
Coupon codes have no cash value and cannot be redeemable for cash, and cannot be combined with any other offers. Limit one coupon code per order. Coupon codes each have their own redemption period as specified in connection with the coupon code itself. The unauthorized reproduction, resale, modification or trade of coupon codes is prohibited.
Any Content that is submitted to us or to the Services by users, whether publicly or privately transmitted, including product reviews, survey responses and comments (“User Content”), is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such User Content. You represent that all User Content submitted by you is accurate, complete, up-to-date and in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. User Content that you submit must not: (i) contain any content that infringes intellectual property rights, data protection or privacy rights of an individual; (ii) be defamatory or threatening; (iii) impersonate any person or entity; (iv) contain unauthorized advertising; or (v) transmit or distribute any virus and/or other code that has contaminating or destructive elements. We make no representations, warranties or guarantees with respect to any User Content that you access on or through the Services.
As between you and us, you own all User Content that you submit, but you hereby grant us a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers), royalty-free license and right to use, copy, transmit, distribute, publicly perform and display (through all media now known or hereafter created), edit, modify, and make derivative works from your User Content (including, without limitation, your name and likeness, photographs and testimonials) for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to you. In addition, you waive any so-called “moral rights” or rights of privacy or publicity in your User Content. If you make suggestions to us about improving or adding new features to the Services, we have the right to use your suggestions without any compensation to you.
No agency, partnership, joint venture or employment relationship is created as a result of these Terms of Service and neither party has any authority of any kind to bind the other in any respect.
Unless otherwise specified in these Term of Service, all notices under these Terms of Service will be in writing and will be deemed to have been duly given when received, if personally delivered or sent by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested; when receipt is electronically confirmed, if transmitted by facsimile or e-mail; or the day after it is sent, if sent for next day delivery by recognized overnight delivery service.
Our failure to enforce any part of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of our right to later enforce that or any other part of these Terms of Service. Waiver of compliance in any particular instance does not mean that we will waive compliance in the future. In order for any waiver of compliance with these Terms of Service to be binding, we must provide you with written notice of such waiver through one of our authorized representatives.
The section and paragraph headings in these Terms of Service are for convenience only and shall not affect their interpretation.
EFFECTIVE DATE OF TERMS OF SERVICE:
18th February 2020